Classification of the different metallising processes
History of metallising
- At the beginning of the 20th century, Max Ulrich Schoop carried out tests in Zurich, spraying lead and zinc in order to produce a protective coating.
- In 1909, Schoop obtained a patent for flame spraying using gas and oxygen combustion for melting the wire to be sprayed onto a substrate.
- Schoop’s second patent dates back to 1911. This was a patent for electric arc metallising.
- Thus, metallising technology was established.
- At the beginning, metallising was used only for protection against corrosion.
- The use of materials such as ceramics, plastic, oxides and many others started only after the Second World War.
ISO 2063 Standard
Do not underestimate the impact of a simple contact