Classification of the different metallising processes
The different metallising processes are classified according to the combustion energy used.
The following standard describes the different systems: DIN EN ISO 14917:2017.
A summary of all these processes:
- metallising by electrical discharge or gas:
- arc spraying (AS),
- plasma (APS, VPS, APSS),
- metallising using expansion of compressed gas without combustion:
- cold gas spraying (CGS),
- gas or liquid combustion metallising:
- wire flame spraying (WFS),
- powder flame spraying (PFS),
- detonation gas spraying (DGS),
- HVOF/HVAF powder spraying,
- laser cladding (LC).
ISO 2063 Standard